STEPS FOR APPLICANTS FOR THE WWCC
- The applicant should fill out an online application at: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/Working-With-Children-Check/apply/-apply
- The applicant will need to nominate whether they are a paid employee or a volunteer. Under child-related sector the applicant should select “religious services”.
- Once the online application has been completed a WWCC Application Number will be issued to the applicant.
- The applicant must then take their WWCC Application Number and proof of their identity to the Roads and Maritime Services registry (formerly RTA).
- If the applicant is in paid child-related employment, an application fee of $80 will be payable. There is no fee for volunteers.
- Once the application has been processed, the applicant will be advised of the outcome by email. Most applications will be processed within 48 hours.
- The applicant should immediately provide your parish (email details to firstname.lastname@example.org please include your date-of-birth) with the WWCC Application Number in order for the check to be verified.
- After the check has been processed, the applicant will receive a clearance or a bar. Workers must receive a clearance within the time frames stated in order to undertake child-related work.