Oxley Vale Anglican Community Church is a friendly welcoming church that is made up of real people from a variety of cultural backgrounds but who enjoy community centred on Jesus Christ. We exist not just for Christians but for anyone who wants to investigate the claims of Jesus, the person at the very heart of Christianity. Whether you are looking to join in on our community or learn about the Christian faith – you are most welcome.
If you are new to the area and would like someone to pick you up or walk with you, please fill in the contact sheet and we’ll arrange this for you.
You can find us on Facebook here
What we Believe
Along with the Anglican Diocese of Armidale, we hold to the confessional Anglican doctrines and includes:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.