Introducing Jesus : Changing Lives
OVACC exists to introduce people to Jesus and help them grow as devoted disciples of Christ.
What We Believe
OVACC is an Evangelical Anglican Church. As such, our Christian beliefs are firmly based on what God has said to us in the Bible. These beliefs are expressed well in the following AFES doctrinal statement.
We uphold the fundamental truths of the Christian faith, including:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.